Growing old comes with many health hazards. Along with a weak immune system, functions of some organs considerably deteriorate. Eyesight changes and often develop problems like cataract, glaucoma, and Age-related macular degeneration.
Here are few eye health tips for you.
- Have regular eye tests. As you age, you can pick up eye diseases like cataract, glaucoma, and melanoma. It is important to go for regular check-ups to prevent such diseases. Poor eyesight can result in accidents and injuries which can also be fatal. In case, you’re facing any kind of trouble, immediately approach any of the good aged care services.
- Wear the right lens. Do not drive without your prescribed glasses. my hindrance in vision can cause serious damages. Consult your doctor twice a year and get your eyes checked.
- Eat well. Eat a healthy, balanced diet and plenty of vegetables and fruits. It will not only benefit your overall health but also improve your eyesight.
- Wear sunglasses. Protect your eyes from sunlight and harmful UV rays. Use sunglasses with built-in UV rays filter to prevent disease like cataract.
- Do not smoke. Smoking, in general, is bad for health. It increases your probability of developing cataract and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Maintain normal blood pressure and cholesterol. These diseases and not only related to cardiovascular disease but has an adverse effect on eyesight.
- Sleep well. When you sleep your eyes are continuously lubricated, clearing out irritants such as dust or smoke that may have accumulated during the day. This keeps the eyes clean and protects from any irritations.